Tendli Pickle/ Ivy Gourd Pickle.
This is my 5th Pickle Recipe. Sometimes i find myself crazy to have taken up this challenge of leaving 100 recipes in each Genre and this year i could make 8 of them. I still want to make a Shallots Pickle, Lemon Chutney Pickle , Strawberry Pickle ( I know) Fig Pickle etc I only haven’t put too much thought as to how make these pickles. And how uch they would last. The Tendli pickle recipe inspiration is from Tarla Dalal’s website . The recipe is my own . This pickle wont last for too long hence i recommend making it small batches or when you have guests.
Recipe of Tendli Pickle.
20-30 grams salt
60 grams pickle masala
30 grams sesame oil
For Homemade Pickle Masala
Split Mustard Seeds-50 grams coarsely crushed
Fenugreek Seeds-25 grams coarsely crushed
Red Chilli Powder-20 Grams
Turmeric Powder-1 tsp
Method Of Making Pickle Masala
- Dry Roast Fenugreek Seeds and Split Mustard Seeds and grind Coarsely. (Separately)
- Mix with other Ingredients .
- Heat Oil and Mix it all of this and store once cooled.
- Use on Kahkra and other Instant Pickles.
Method Of Making Tendli Pickle
- Clean and dry the Tendli/ Chop lengthwise into four and transfer to a clean bowl/
- Mix in Salt and Pickle Masala.
- Heat oil and add the Sesame Let it Splutter , cool and mix everything. Will last only two days at room temperature. 5 days in the fridge.
Adding black Sesame is totally optional. I added it for the crunch and colour. You could replace it with Kalonji/Nigella Seeds as well. Also Check my Instant Carrot Pickle Recipe. These two pickles can be made and served immediately , You could also make a Mooli/ Raddish Pickle. Red or White when you have guests coming over.